A FEW TIPS ON MERCHANDISING YOUR PRODUCTS
You’re past the research stage, the money has been invested and your dreams have come true – you’ve launched your brick-and-mortar retail business. Your online business is booming, but it’s the walking traffic that will make this space a success. With the right merchandising strategies, you can create an environment that will bring customers in, inspire a purchase, and have them return again, building loyalty. Check out our merchandising tips below.
SHOWCASE YOUR ITEMS
Whether you want to create excitement for new products or make it easy for your customers to find popular items in your store, tried and true visual display techniques can help you get the customers’ attention and even encourage them to make a purchase.
• When you’re arranging your display, remember the rule of three, according to Humayun Khan in his article Visual Merchandising 101: How to Create Store Designs With High-Converting Displays. What that means is arranging your products in sets of three, side by side, such as by size: short, medium and tall, or by price/quality: good, better and best.
• Don’t forget the opportunity to cross-sell products. Items that work well together can also be displayed together, even though they may reside in different departments of your store. Use hang tags for pricing or to make product recommendations.
• Create an easy takeaway. Whether you’re encouraging customers to try a free sample of your product, packaging small items for shipping, or putting together small impulse purchase items for your counter, promotional items make it easy to put together your own packaged goods. We’ll help you customize and print it.
HELP IT POP OFF THE SHELVES
How do you focus the spotlight on certain products on a shelf without rearranging your store? Make that section of the aisle stand out by breaking up the scenery with attractive ways to catch your customer’s eyes.
• Grab their attention with strategically positioned coupons. Place coupons next to their respective items making it convenient for customers to grab a coupon and be enticed to make a purchase while saving some money.
• Let the shelf do the talking. If you items are small enough a POP Display may be the best option for you. Allow the display sell the product and your options are limitless when it comes to placing. Add a POP Display at your register or in the middle of the store for bigger items. Our great packaging and design team will walk you through the options.
HAVE THEM COMING BACK
• Add a personal note or place the receipt into an envelop for your customer. It’s a little special touch that will make your customer feel welcomed and wanting to come back.
• Allow your customer take away a little something extra with their purchase – specialized packaging. Add social media, continue with branding on the packaging or add a reusable bag. Putting your product into a special package first shows how special your product is. Packaging options are limitless but there a few shown here.
With the right mix of merchandising techniques and the help of easy-to-use Labeltex Mills Inc products, you can create an engaging shopping experience that can turn casual shoppers into loyal customers. Keep your displays fresh and inviting, and you’ll be sure to create some buzz for your business.
Share your thoughts